1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does anybody know if a

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gd8boltman, Oct 7, 2007.

1. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Western Ultramount from a 01' Chevy 2500 HD will fit on an 04" Suburban 2500? Including wiring etc.

Thanks,

Tim

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Seems to me it would. I'm not sure how much is different frame wise between the truck and burban. To me it would make sense to have them the same and put a different body on it. It should fit with little to no work. I do not know for sure, just guessing.

3. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

I guess it would too. Maybe do a search on the model number plow you're talking about and see if it is the same listed on the manfufacturers site or call your local dealer. prsport

4. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Thanks for the answers

I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Tim

5. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

The wiring won't match, the 01 and 02 chevy trucks have a two pin headlight hook up in the conector the o3 on up go to a 3 pin hook up in the plug.

Bracket should.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Philbilly's right, the wiring harness won't work due to the fact that the headlight's are negative to excite on the 99-02 but positive to excite on the 03-up's, hence the difference in the wiring, but the mount will work.

7. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

According to the Quickmatch on Westerns Website the numbers on the mount are the same and will work

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  8. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Thanks again for all your

feedback, I appreciate it.

Tim

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Depends on when it was installed. there was a mount modification in 03. While the older mount will fit, it may require a little more fascia modification.

According to western Q M they both take the same harness and isolation module
    29048, 29070. Interesting as B&B is right about the change from high side to low side switched:confused: