1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does any plow for any celebraties or anyone famous?????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by elitelandscape, Jan 24, 2003.

1. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

Just trying to kill time........
    Just wondering if anyone on here plow's for anyone famous or a celebrity of some sort?
    I myself plow a couple homes for one of the richest familes in the world and a couple Major League Baseball players and a couple former NHLer's
    Just wondering if anyone else plows for anyone like this

2. farmertim

farmertim Member

I use to plow for a Vikings player, put I use to transport horses for the rich and famous in a former life.
  3. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

I plow for Britney Spears, but its just an "on call" thing because she didn't want to go with the season contract. Since her and Justin from NSYNC got together he usually does it. She calls when it is too heavy for him to shovel. Just joking.... I wish I plowed for her:)
    However I do landscape maintenance for an NHL er and some people who are the 46th (I think) richest people in Canada.
  4. DanG

DanG Senior Member

No... Not yet.
    But i do plow some who think they are.;) And that the world should revolve around them.

That means that you plow for the Irvings?
  6. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

Brunswick that is correct i look after a couple places for Jim Irving.
  7. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Last year I plowed Bill Wirtz's home, he is the owner of the black hawks. Seen him once or twice, at home, reading his paper at the kitchen table. He needs to spend less money on his house and go after some better talent!

Chuck B.
  8. Acorn

Acorn Senior Member

Are you associated with the irvings? I was wondering how someone so young had all the trucks and equipment you do.
  9. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

Acorn I do alot of work for the Irvings. (great people) I'm very fortunate to come from a business family so I have alot of contacts.
    I consider my self a very small company and i like it that way. I see these guys on this site like Mr. Allin and i couldn't imagine doing the stuff he does. It's amazing....
    As far as the equipement and trucks go the key to that is money management. And being able to talk people into spending alot of money :D
    I also have other ventures i do on the side. It's hard to make a living off landscaping and snow removal now a days.
  10. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

I used to do work for the guy who owns Giant National Battery's. (Fork lift batteries) But he sold the place and moved to Canada? Whats up with everyone moving to Canada? I, like some others have said, work for people who think they are famous and world revolving around them. I do do some people who own so up scale buisiness's in the area. Some who come from "old money" and some who think they have money. As long as they pay I don't care.
  11. noclevername

noclevername Member

You mean you've never been up to the "great white north" ?
    You gotta come up and try it, you'll probably wanna stay too !! :D
  12. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

A couple years ago I put a some storm sewers in at the office building where Mario Lemeiux has his personal office. Of course that was before the building was occupied. Does that count?
  13. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

Didn't you insert an extra preposition in that?

14. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 Member

i plow the driveway for the drummer or guitar player (can't remember what he played) from 'foreigner.' he is a cool guy. he gave my partner a copy of his latest cd. it was a solo effort. i think he is on tour now in europe.

my friend plows the drive for ellen burstyn (psycho). she is a really nice person. we installed her sprinkler system a few years ago.

well, while we are talking celeberties, three houses down from ellen burstyn's home is the former home of rosie o'donnel.

al pacino, william hurt and one of the baldwins live in the area. nyack, ny.
  15. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

The only rubber check I've ever gotten came from a so-called celebrity:mad: . I collected, though.
  16. neighborguy

neighborguy Junior Member

don't know who else here will consider him a celebrity,but we plow for the owner of Harley Davidson. Super nice guy.
  17. ffshuter

ffshuter Junior Member

No plowing, but cut the lawn at summer home for executive from ChemLawn/Tru Green. Sorry to change the subject.
  18. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Last year i plowed John Valby's (doctor dirty) house. I think i now have his whole collection of tapes. A 1 mile long driveway with a circle and a ton of trees. I used 50-60 stakes to mark it out.

In the past i did some for the Sabres.
    Pat LaFontaine
    Stu Barnes
    Matt Barnaby
    Dominik Hasek
    Darcy Regier
  19. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

well,,you plow for ol' Barnicle Bill aye!"the hell with the dance,and down with your pants" said Barnicle Bill the sailor:D
  20. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

Hey noclevername,

Actually I used to live in VT. about 20 min. from canadian border. My father is a U.S. Border Patrol Agent. I went to Montreal about 4 yrs ago and as soon as they found out u were american, they were rude to you. (us) BUT I heard that people are like that only in Montreal, so I won't hold it against u...lol. But I do miss it up there, so much snow, I was too short and had no licence then, aw well.