1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does Any Plow Fit Any Truck? I'm confused!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by right touch, Jan 10, 2009.

1. right touch

right touch Junior Member
    from 08844

I have always bought new plows from my dealer, so I've never had to deal with this situation. I am looking for a used plow for one of my trucks- a 1999 F450 Super Duty. Im just wondering does any plow fit any truck and is it just the mount that you would have to buy that is compatible with your truck? Or is it alot more specific than that? I put an ad on craigslist and am getting alot of responses but they are all different makes and models from different years so im kinda confused. I know I could probably call my dealer and ask him, but Im sure that other guys on here have the same question so I hope any answers may help anyone else in the same situation. Any help would be great. Thanks!
  2. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

I have mounted a few different plows to my truck. The only thing i was really changing was the mounting brackets.. Other than that it was a snap.
  3. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

yea, you need the correct mount for your truck. and the wire harness to fit your trucks plugs.
  4. right touch

right touch Junior Member
    from 08844

other than that, any plow can pretty much fit any truck? That makes it alot easier!
  5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you aren't putting a blizzard on a nissan.
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

To assure you can use a plow you are considering use the manufacturers website. go to their vehicle fit guides. Enter the information for your truck, it will give you all the manufacturers recommended fits. That will tell you if a particular plow will work with your truck.
  7. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Bash , sorry I couldn't make the eyeball meet. What you been doin?