1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Does a MM1 plow fit MM2 Headgear?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JD-ME, Oct 18, 2008.

1. JD-ME

JD-ME Junior Member
    from Maine

HI,

I'm in the process of *trying* to transfer a MM1 7.5 HD plow onto a 2008 GM 2500.
    New pushplates and module, but trying to re-use all the plow-side parts, which are in good shape.

When we tried to mount the plow on the truck, we discovered that he MM1 headgear has a cross-brace between the push-plate connecting points that sits far too high fit under the bumper valence of the new truck. The same brace on the MM2 frame is much lower, and so does fit under the bumper.

After studying at the situation for a while, it appears that we can replace the MM1 headgear frame with a MM2 frame, and transfer all the other parts, including the plow, over to the MM2 headgear, and make it all fit.

Has anyone else done this, of know for sure that swapping just the headgear frame will work? Otherwise, I guess I'm looking at having to buy an new plow that I thought I wouldn't need.

Thanks
    Joe

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

you could always find someone that can weld and move the bracket if you have to

3. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Oh yeh I just realized this. Just switch the a-frames and you'll be all set. I think the actual yellow blades should be the same or very similar.

4. JD-ME

JD-ME Junior Member
    from Maine

Update

Thanks for the update. Dealer also confirmed it. The A-frame are a different width (22 inches vs. 25 inches) and Fisher actually sells a frame to fit a MM1 blade to the MM2 headgear.

Thanks for the help.