1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodged a bullet today

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mojob, Dec 27, 2007.

1. mojob

mojob Member

It's been snowing here all day and I just started clearing one of my smaller accounts. It's a building that's attached to the building next to it in a little strip mall. I'm responsible for the parking area directly in front of my customer's building. Anyway, some lady with a really thick mexican accent comes out of my customer's building and asks me if I'm the one responsible for the snow removal for the building. I tell her that I am and I immediately see dollar signs flash in her eyes and she suddenly started moaning in pain. She tells me she slipped earlier this morning and she was going to the doctor. At that point she hobbled to the business next door, making sure she moaned loud enough for everyone to notice. I'm fuming at this point, I just know she's setting up a lawsuit and when she hobbled back my way I started asking her questions. At this point, we were standing in front of the business next door and I asked her where she fell she said, "right here". Right where we were standing. I enjoyed watching the dollar signs leave her eyes when I told her that I wasn't responsible for that area. Yeah, she's here seeking the "American Dream" and that's suing a hard working American like me for a slip and fall. Not today Consuelo! :waving: I just feel sorry for the poor dude that owns the property. She's going to get payed from somebody.

2. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

man people suck ! she should go get a job

3. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

No she wont. Slip and fall lawsuits aren't as easily manipulated as they used to be.

Especially for snow. Most jurasdictions want to see negligence proven.

As one judge says......Ice and snow is slippery, yo?

4. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Hmnnn looking for that true free ride in the good ole USA looks like to me.

5. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

But your honor, I am from mexico, how was I supposed to know that ice is slippery?

6. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

A little off topic, but there are some Mexicans a few houses from me, and they have been in the way of the plows for EVERY snow emergency this season, once they were in the way of plows on BOTH sides of the street. They just dont get it its not that hard, the city calls and leaves messages, and its all over the news about where to park. Oh well, not in front of my house at least.

7. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Well in Michigan they would tickets cars that didn't move out street for snowstorm

For Alien here. I couldn't believe what I am see many young kid who from another country drove newest suv or truck go 45 mph on road that have ice but one thing that road's speed limit is 35 and it near to school. Here in Michigan they are stupid and let young kid drive fast and manic but not get drive license from them:realmad: They nearby hit my Dad's truck by not stop at red light.

Too many people from another country don't understand stuff here .

One thing I am not sure if that woman is from Mexico and move here then fall on ice and want sue you. Did she have green card? If she don't have green card. USA will kick her out here and back to Mexico until she have green card. I think that she can't sue us if she not U.S. Citizen.

I am not basher or hate people from country but this one is stupid. I fall on ice at school but don't think sue it.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I think you have fallen on the ice one too many times. Do you really go to school?

9. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

10. Ground Control

Ground Control Member

wow....people need to learn to work and stop living off of everyone else

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  11. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

That whats wrong with people today.. they don't want to work. Always trying to find an easy way out.

12. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

Not being racist, but SHE should be deported.

I wonder if they would arrest her for fraud?

13. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

Hey, Milwaukee. Why don't you put something in your signature to let people know that your deaf. This is the 3rd thread I read where someone has to explaine what's going on. Maybe it'll stop the comments. Only problem is you might have someone write it, so it is correct.

14. Young Pup

I think he did add somewhere along the line. I saw it earlier in the day on a thread he posted in.

Here is a thread where he added it in: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=54944

15. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Right Young Pup, but until Milwaukee has been here a little longer and all the guys know that he is deaf maybe he should put somthing in his signature. I can't stand that people keep giving him a hard time. He's not Ol' Tower!

16. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Ya, people don't want to work anymore always looking for free money. LONG LIVE SEASONAL CONTRACTS!:salutepayuprolleyes:

17. Young Pup

Go to his post in this thread. Click on his user name and view all of his posts. Since he added it to his signature after the post in this thread it will not show up in this thread. But it is showing up in all of his current replies since he added it. I hope that clears it up.

I am with you on them giving him a hard time. People are to quick to jump on here.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  18. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

He does better than most people from detroit

19. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

And... I'm an ass. I had no idea you were deaf. Sorry about the smart ass comment. :salute:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We all make mistakes and your a good man for appologizing!:drinkup: