1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rfed32, Nov 19, 2006.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

ok so im looking at a 01 dodge 1500 and i was thinkin since i have a 6'6'' plow could i just get the mount for the dodge and throw wings on the 6.5footer b.c it would be like a 7.5 footer right or not...u let me know i have the cash to buy a new plow but it was kinda back up money
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

i dont' see why you couldn't do that as long as the hydraulics can take it and i wouldn't see why they wouldn't be able to. go for it
  3. jryden145

jryden145 Member

We had a boss 7.5 v on a 99 reg short box, it held it fine, and it was an awesome residential truck. Wish we still had it.

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

great setup, the best kind is the one you don't have to pay a bunch for.
  5. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

went to look at this afternoon and it sold this morning...guess it wasnt ment to be...just gonna wait till next spring....what do u guys think...will my s10 handle the 6.5 plow with wings on it or to much i think to much in a bigger storm might get them for the smaller storms
  6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

the wings are not going to save you any time on a residential drive, they are mostly intended for lots or if you have to move snow some distance.

use the s10, save the money- might need it for repairs. and next year look at the type of accounts you have and set yourself up that best suits those accounts.

Because competition is great, and weather unpredictable, my game plan is to buy with cash only what you need, run it as long as you can, and practice preventative maintenance. Sure I would love to have the new extreme vee, but there is nothing wrong with my plow- in fact it is making me money.
  7. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

thanks grnmtn...payin cash is the way to go...and i need a new clutch now so no money is being spent on odds and ends i dont need...no new lights no nothing....truck and only truck is all im spendin my cash on now