1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Wiring Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ALEX516, Sep 19, 2004.

1. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

Dodge 1995 ram2500 HD, was installing a secondar interior cieling lamp and tested the existing light wiring with a test light to check which of the two wires was positive lead, connected the new light and must have somehow crossed the wires or touched something accidentally and now I have n power in the radio or the interior light or the rear exterior light facing the rear of the bed. I checked the fuse for the radio in the interior fuse box, I visually inspected the fuse/area under the hood and nothing looked blown, however I did not check each one with the test light.

Is there something that I might have tripped like a fuse or??

I have NO clue where to look first. All I know is that I no longer have power at the wiring that would normally show (+) positive where the interior dome light should be...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

2. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada

I had this happen to me b4 its the IOD fuse(10a I think) on the side of the dash. Its covered by a locking tab.

3. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

IOD fuse

Can you give me a better description on where it is?

I looked my eyes off today and could not find any mini fuse other than the listed ones on the fuse box cover, none of which are blown...

Thanks!

4. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada

The fuse labled IOD should be on the driver side, on the side of the dash. When you pull the cover off for the fuses, look on the inside of the cover and it should have a diagram on where all the fueses are the IOD fuse should be # 17 its a 15a(pink wire comming outta the fuse box) and should be hot all the time. There will be special mini fuses for the abs and stuff that are covered with a plastic tab near the bottom that u can't pull out I think it is above it. It will have the same plastic tab on it that u can't pull the fuse out all the way.

The way to get the fuse out is to pull it out as far as u can and you will notice you have to flip the top open to get the fuse out. I used a flat head screwdriver to flip the top open. Hope you find it.