1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jason2, Oct 30, 2000.

1. jason2

jason2 PlowSite.com Veteran

I broke down and bought a truck with a plow this weekend.
    I'm a Ford fanatic at heart but couldn't pass on the deal I found.

I bought a '75 Dodge 1/2 ton shortbox. It has a 440 and NP435 four speed(one with granny low). Previous owner swapped in 3/4 ton axles and springs. 8-lug Dana 60 in the rear and a 8-lug dana 44 up front. It has the NP 203 transfer case which is full time. Wish I had a NP205 for it.

It has a 7'6" Western Pro Plow with unimount. The plow is in excellent shape. Plow is 3 years old, but truck wasn't licensed or used last year, so plow only has 2 seasons of light use.

Found a bunch of receipts in the glovebox for new balljoints, ujoints, etc.. Tires are 33" BFG all terains with about 80% tread. Engine is fresh. Plus got a grille guard and canopy thrown in.
    I paid $3500 for the truck, only downside is the truck is a bit rusty. But I can live with that for the price. I figure it should work pretty well with such a short wheelbase. Let it SNOW!! :)
  2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Sounds like you got a good deal on a heavy duty truck!