1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dodge w350 4x4 plow problem

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by cbr9joe, Dec 13, 2006.

1. cbr9joe

cbr9joe Junior Member
    from ohio

Hello,
    I bought a 1985 w350 4x4 to plow with, it has an old meyer st 90 on it (old hydr. type unknown on lift cylinder model). I was wondering what I would need to do to put a E47 on it. Would I need a new mount and everything? Also anyone know about the w350 4x4 transfer and diffs? And one last thing, this truck does not have a trans cooler is this normal for the year. I have a 05 dodge 2500 4x4 quad cab cummins which seems to have every different cooler known to man on it. It also has the plow prep package.
    Thanks for any and all info.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If the plow setup has the old style 6" stroke lift cylinder with 5/8 mounting hole's then an E47 will go right on in it's place.Just need to add the wiring and controller for it and maybe reconfigure the angle hoses a little. As to your transfer case and diff's,an 85 W350 should have a Dana 60 front axle,a Dana 70 rear axle and an NP205 transfer case, all good heavy duty piece's! As far as a trans cooler goes,it will have the small one in the bottom of the rad but that's it. Most of the older truck's didn't come with an external cooler. If your planning to plow with it you should definitley add one.

3. cbr9joe

cbr9joe Junior Member
    from ohio

thanks! I will measure and see if it is the 5/8 hole.