1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge vs Chevy?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by kysnowman, Jan 16, 2007.

1. kysnowman

kysnowman Member

Are we going to ever get another thread started?

2. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

It's not necessarily the truck IMO, but the motor.

3. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

NEVER SEEN A A GOOD DODGE...THERE FRONT AXLES ARE JUNK...

CHEVY ALL THE WAY:gunsfiring:

4. db27

db27 Member

chev ,ford,dodge

All 3 have there good and bad(mostly bad and to many fancy options$$$$)
    I hope we can get another choice in a full size 3/4 or 1 ton soon.
    Why wont toyota get it over with and build a small diesel,1 ton,4x4,with a standard 8' bed:confused:
    Every one of toyotas big new trucks(t-100,tundra,etc) has been WAY short of a true full size 3/4 or 1 ton.

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Yea, your right...:dizzy:
    What do you base this on? Something you heard on the Bow-Tie network?
    Thats you see more DANA/spicer axles being used than any other..

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Oh no not this again:dizzy: Both are great trucks when they are running. When broken down, both suck.:gunsfiring:

7. kysnowman

kysnowman Member

this dodge vs chevy thread has over extended its welcome!

8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

LOL but you started this thread:dizzy: :dizzy:

9. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

10. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

11. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

first of all the trailer itself ways more than that camper with the jeep but it is also towing a boxvan on that trailer which is also itself probably as much as that camper and the jeep. second of all you have no idea if that dodge is stock

and that guys obviously an idiot. he was driving like an a-hole the entire way in the left lane, he should of been in the right lane.

also i would like to be clear that i would rather have a cummins over a duramax any day so i am not being biased

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  12. YEAH RIGHT PAL!!!!! They hold up well untill a chevy guy works on em!!!!!!!!!

13. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  14. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i do have to agree tho a 30 foot travel trailor only weights about 6k pounds, now add the weight of the jeep maybe 3k, prolly about9k-10k total weight the dodge was pulling. id have to imagine the chevy was pulling probbaly 15k+ pounds.

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I saw that video a few days ago. I don't think the guy took into account the amount of aerodynamic drag that U haul truck was adding at those speed's by being on the trailer backward's,basically it was nothing more than a parachute. But since the video was made as fuel for a lawsuit against GM.....maybe he did! :D

16. motoxdk24

motoxdk24 Member

cant make reliable power and torque out of a v-8 diesel, cummins has it handled, why even continue the arguement? where is that picture of the connecting rod comparison between the three, and the cummins was like 3 times the size?

durimaxipads

17. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Typical Dodge guy, always looking for the big rod picture:D

18. motoxdk24

motoxdk24 Member

opps, for got the....IMO

19. sr148

sr148 Junior Member
    from Mass.

Dodge

Rather carry a Dodge Hubcap around than drive a Chevy....
    Just kidding I have had both, but love my Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel my Chevy had a 9' Plow and lots of rear end issues and tranny issues big headache.Both have good and bad I am not really Brand loyal I just want reliablitity right now its the Dodge..my 2 cents oh chevy was not an allison :(.:gunsfiring:

20. jbone

jbone Senior Member

That was the problem right there. I for one am a Chevy fan always will be. Although I do really like the cummins motor too, its just the rest of the truck sucks. always has always will

I thought Dodge (Daimler Chrysler) was considered German now:rolleyes: