1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge V10 Motors?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ProWorkz.com, Jan 20, 2005.

1. I would like some feedback on the Dodge V10 motor from some guys who have experience with this engine. I was looking at Diesels and found a guy in town that sells government vehichles. He has over 15 Dodge 3/4 and 1 ton regular cab 4 x 4's with flatbeds. All have under 25,000 miles and have the V10 with 5 speeds. I am looking to use this truck to pull my trailer/skid steer. Trailer loaded will weigh in at 10,000 lbs.

My other thought would be a Chevy with a 454. Thanks for the input guys......

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  2. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

chek the milage on the v10 and compare it to the diesel. Had a freind who had the v10 and although he never said anything bad about it, it didn't take long to trade in on a diesel. Less than a year.