1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge truck mount questions/needing info

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dirty Jersey, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey Senior Member

Hello all, I just joined the other day. I'm not new to plowing but new to Western plows. I bought a Unimount 7.5 plow. I need a truck side mount for my 1998.5 dodge 2500 diesel. I saw there was one that was up for sale in the used section. But that might be possible sold already. What are my options? Or keep searching on E-bay. Could I modify/weld a bracket from another application. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

John

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

unimount parts are hard to find now. that mount is pretty specialized. better of to get the right one. keep looking, they are out there.

3. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

You have the option of running a Ultra to Uni adapter. I use one on my 96 because what people want for a used truck side mount is crazy.payup

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  5. Dirty Jersey

Thank you for you response. I have been watching the ebay auction, It looks like the link you sent someone beat me to it. It state they are out of stock. I tried to call them but no answer.

6. Dirty Jersey

Tell me about! LOL!

7. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

8. Dirty Jersey

OK I'll try again, I spoke to a western shop about 35 miles away they have the ultra mount and the unimount adapter for it for $892 or something like that. So the place you posted is a great deal.

Thanks again can't wait to get it.

John

9. Dirty Jersey

Well today I picked up my new ultra mount for my truck with the uni mount conversion. I'm gonna install tomorrow.Hope all goes well with install. I might have to do some fab work due to my DSS steering brace that mounts in the same place

10. Dodge Plow Pwr

You should only need to purchase longer bolts. It should mount without any problems. Good luck.

11. Dirty Jersey

I pretty much figured on longer bolts. Do you have any pics of how yours is done? Thanks for the reply.

John

12. Dodge Plow Pwr

Sorry no pictures right now no camera available, sorry.

FYI I did assemble my adapter to the highest point available as I tried to keep it from having no clearance.