1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dodge truck head light

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by rickbays, Oct 10, 2011.

1. rickbays

rickbays Member

Ive got a 99 dodge 2500 4x4. The other night the guy next door called and told my my head lights where on. I when out the the head light switch was off. The high beam indicator was on. I had to unplug the head light at the bulb to get them off. I have a brand new boss harness on it that was installed last december and seen maybe 20 hours of plowing. Any clue what it could be???? Im talking about the main head lights not the lights on the plow. Ive not pulled the plow out of storage as of yet.

Also I noticed today the truck didnt start like it has in the past. I have the 150 airdog on it. If i crank it for a sec and let off i can hear the pump start and the truck fired right up and runs fine untill I shut if off and try to start it again. It seem to be a wire any common places to look b4 i go to the shop?

Thanks guys and wont be long b4 we are plowing Thumbs Up

Thanks for help guys

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Check the wiring harness for the plow. There is a bridge from the high beam wiring to the constant power. Perhaps a bad relay in the wiring too. Never looked at the Boss wiring for the headlights in particular but seems to be an EZ fix.

The starting issue might be due to the truck loosing voltage from the draw. Always use dioelectric grease in all connections and exposed wiring areas.