1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge truck gas issues?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by MNBOY, Oct 21, 2009.

1. MNBOY

MNBOY Junior Member

One of my trucks is an 01 Dodge Ram 2500 gas. Truck runs pretty good in the summer months but sometimes in the winter during snow storms it wants to stall out and seems to be starving for gas at times. Ususally this happens when there is a lot of snow or wet heavy snow. I have been putting in a lot of HEAT in the tank which helps for a while but not all the time. You can even hear the fuel pump in the gas tank making noise during the winter months. I have brought it in to a mechanic and he did a fuel pressure test on it and everything checked out OK. So my question is why is this happening and how do I fix it? I am not a motorhead nor do I want to be one, so thanks in advance...

2. DHDB

DHDB Member

"...seems to be starving for gas at times." Is it starving for fuel or air? My '04 would "bog" while pushing snow. It seems the engine wasn't getting enough air. I removed stock air intake and added K&N Cold Air Intake. Never had a problem since. Truck actually runs better when it's cold out! I think the stock intake is designed more for for fuel economy. You just need to figure out what your needs are, and modify your vehicle accordingly.