1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge to chevy

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kemmer, Jan 14, 2005.

1. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

I am in the market for a plow, i know some one that has a basicly brand new 8' western ultra mount, but the only problem is that its mounted on a 03 dodge 2500, and i have a 01 chevy 2500HD. Hes selling it for $3000, Is it worth it becasue i will probly have to replace everything on the truck side. would it just be easier to buy new? Or is the dodge compatiable with the chevy? Please help.

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I think that is way to high. You are going to have to replace wiring also. IMO to buy a used plow it would have to come off the same style truck that you are putting it on.

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

8' steel ultramount $3205.
    8' poly ultramount $3430.

snowplowsupply.com

4. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

Where in NJ are you?? There is a guy at Fords Lawn/power equipment(Woodbridge) that can give you a new set up for not much more than that. $3000 for used is double what I would expect to pay. You would probably need a new wiring harness. I'm guessing when i say it would be about $175-225 just for the part. In addition I would think you would need a new truck mount. Again probably about $450, then you would have installation. You would definitely be better off buying new. Call Teddy @ FORDS 732 738 1955 He's got Blizzard and Meyers and various used pieces. Why is this guy getting rid of a plow in mid season? For that price I would sell mine too.
    Good luck, Jack

5. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

Ok i guess it really isnt worth it. Because it will probly end up being the same price new. The guys a member on this site. he whats to get a Fisher X blade instead. The plow IS brand new. it was only used like 3 times to push slush.
    Jax, ill call that guy. im looking for a used plow to try to keep the cost down, but i might just have to get a new one.

O yea, whats better, poly or steel?