1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dodge steering fix

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by manic_mechanic, Apr 24, 2004.

1. manic_mechanic

manic_mechanic Junior Member

hey guys, i'm new here but i thought i'd give u some insight into the dodge steering problems.
    don't bother putting a new track bar on your dodge trucks. go to www.dtprofab.com and get the adjustable track bar that they offer. it eliminates the ball joint on the track bar which is a disign flaw from the start
    then contact darrin tessier at 306-842-4346. his company makes a brace for the steering box shaft that removes all stress from the box.
    then go get new ball joints/tie-rod ends and a good alignment, and your problems should be solved. use only moog parts for longest life.
    for more info. goto www.tdr1.com and www.dodgediesel.org and do some archive searching on trackbars or steering problems and u can get more info on this. there is a site that gives different alignment specs. than factory calls for but can't remember which site it is right now.
    any other questions feel free to ask me. steve

2. manic_mechanic

manic_mechanic Junior Member

here is the site for the steering box brace--www.solidsteel.ca/dss.htm