1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Seats

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NBI Lawn, Jan 11, 2012.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I think we all know the 06-09 seats are probably the most uncomfortable seats ever made. My question is (after pricing new trucks) will the seats out of a newer '10+ Dodge bolt into my 06? What are people doing about these junk seats?

I did find grey power/heated leather seats out of an '10 1/2ton... front and back seats, no console. I'd just have my console wrapped.

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes they'll fit in. The cab hasn't changed in the Regular or Quad Cabs. Just redesigned, stiffened, better sound insulation (obviously the dash and interior is different) but overall dimentions are the same.

Guys have bolted them right in and even the cloth seats are much softer and comfortable.

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

One of my buddies did it in his 2007 hemi, I think it was a direct bolt in job. I will ask him after he gets off work tonite

4. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

Ive been wondering this myself. I was even looking for some ford lariat seats with all the electronics and i would just have to make a frame for them to sit. I wear icy hot patches to help with the pain. Id rather sit on my kubota seat!

5. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

i just had dealer replace the foam on my 09 all bottoms front and rear were flattened out!

6. plowguy43

Yes the Dodge seats bolt right in. 09+ Ram 1500's or 10+ Ram 2500/3500's

7. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

Right on, dodge should be given major crap for this.. I do long haul trucking with my Dodge 08 in the summer and I remove the seats and replace them with seats I got from a friend that come out of a Chevy Montana van.

8. plowguy43

You can thank Daimler for the seats, interior, and overall cheaper materials used on the vehicles. It was part of their sucking a $38billion dollar company dry plan.

9. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

I cant understand why they changed the early 3rd gen seats, they were the best. The seats in my '12 are really comfortable but it seems the padding inside is pretty cheap.

10. NBI Lawn

Awesome! I will be replacing the seats in my truck then. The plan was to do leather and heat on the factory seats but I can get factory '10 leather seats for the same price.

11. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

Do you mind sharing the source, I have an 04.5 the seats arent bad, but id like to have leather. I got to imagine they want 3-4K at the dealer for leather ones to.

12. NBI Lawn

I am sure the dealer wants more than that. I found a deal through a guy I know...he owns a body shop and they bought a totaled half ton to part out. I have seen front and rear seats sell on eBay for around $1000-1500.