1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Rims on a Chevy?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 2COR517, Jun 19, 2009.

1. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

There are a couple of sets of Dodge rims around. Will they fit my Chevy? One seller said the Dodge bore is 120.9MM while the Chevy is 116.6MM. So they would physically fit, but the bore would not be carrying any weight.

Anyone have personal experience with this?
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've seen a chevy or two around with the dodge wheels on them. They look pretty good. I beleive a member on here has them on one of his fleet truck's that is a chevy.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

So is it safe to use them if the hub isn't carrying any of the weight? I really load my rear axle with the sander, pushing 3,500 lbs per wheel. I don't really know, maybe it's fine for the studs to carry all that.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The load of the vehicle isn't carried by the fit between the hub and the hole in the center of the wheel (or the bulge in the lug nuts on a non hub centric application). It's carried by the relationship of the wheel being physically clamped to the hub by the torque of the lug nuts.

So other than losing the hub centric centering ability you'll have no problems. Vehicles for years didn't depend on the hub centric design in order to center the wheel on the hub, only the studs and lug nuts. Hub centric only began being employed as a means to do a bettor job (better accuracy) of centering the wheel on the hub, Has nothing to do with carrying weight. wesport
  5. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member