1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Reps.

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by CNY Plow, Oct 13, 2007.

1. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

Does anyone from Dodge actually monitor this site?
    Or, any certified dodge mechanics/techs?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Why?????:confused:

3. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

just wondering.

i also wonder how dodge lost the plow truck market - they used to be THEE PLOW TRUCK back in the 60's and early 70's (at least here in CNY).There were little or no suspension sag problems.
    It just seems to me that Chevy has taken over the plow market (when i hook up the plow to my '03 chevy the front end didn't move - not like the 1-1/2 " drop on the '03 dodge)

4. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

I'm a dodge parts guy... does that count?

I still plow with my 85 w250 prospector i love that truck

[​IMG]

5. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

well the days of free love and draft dodgeing are over . dodge was more worried about the k car than they were updating the style of there truck until 1994. this is my 5th dodge but im realley a ford man . just like the styling alittle better.

JR

6. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

? 2 nd Battery ?

my local dealer doesn't seem to have time to discuss a 2nd battery option.
    '03 dodge ram 2500 SB Quad cab 4x4 5.7L - stock - trailer pckg, don't know about the plow prep pckg (can't read the lable in the glove box)
    i have wiring diagrams 8W-20-2 and 8W-10-11 (among others), but these, alone, are not quite enough information.
    is this vehicle capable of a 2nd battery option?

7. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

CNY Plow
    try Sam Dell Dodge they are supposed to have the Dodge truck headquarters for CNY maybe they can help?

8. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

This is where I bought the truck and they don't have the time to discuss it - unless they're going to do the work, naturally. They won't give up any tech info.

9. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

CNYplow

I know a guy who is a Chrysler rep I'll see if I can't get a hold of him.

10. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

try DODGE TALK.COM

11. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

All the diesels have 2 batterys. All you need is a 2nd battery tray. Wire the batterys in a series with cable and your done.

12. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

if you wanna pm me the last 8 digits of your vin I can tell you if ALL the stuff on your truck. and if you have the plow package.

13. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Go to the parts counter and tell them what you want...........
    I want a battery tray for the left side , passenger side,

Cost around $32, the tray will have a bracket to relocate the stuff that is on the fender well, ie vac lines, canister........

On your front springs there are tags what are the numbers on the tags.
    or give murphyslaw the ## and we will tell you if it has plow prep or not.

Do you know which transfer case you have?
    skid plates.
    amperage of your alt.

Not sure why we need a Dodge REP for this??

14. T-MAN

That would be the right side, passenger side :eek:

15. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:help:
    Let's see, (holding both hands up in the air with palms facing away.)
    Yup, your right.lol
    I guess I'll need to put the "L" and "R" stickers back on the windshield again.;)

16. T-MAN

Just teasin, I got my ass chewed to many times not knowing which side of the truck I needed parts for :dizzy:
    Right turn equals right side
    Left turn left side
    But what if your in reverse ????? :cry:

17. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

ok heres your info

Part number for batt tray; 55276205AB cost should be right around $41.31

info about your truck;

built 3/31/03, Heavy duty plow prep package, 160 amp alternator, 3.73 gears, hemi engine, 40 gall fuel tank, fly by wire gas peddle, tilt steering, trailer tow package, sold for NY state code, heavy duty cooling, air damn. abs 4wheel disk.

can give ya more if you want.

go into your dealer and give them this part number, they will probly ask you what its for tell them an '03 cummins. make that battery cables yourself its really easy or find a shop that will sledge the cables for you. +to+ -to- use 2ga or larger. run a ground wire from the second battery to the frame. with a smaller wire)12ga ok) to the body. then buy TWO new batteries. if you mis match batterys it will kill both of them fast. so they need to be the same size type and age. to make them last. your 160 amp alt. will be plenty and it already has the large charging wire.

Have fun bra..... and PLOW SOME SNOW

18. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

former tech.... dodge don't pay enough

any dodge parts dept can check what you truck came with last 8 or 9 of the vin (94 and up trucks) tell them you need the factory options sheet....

as stated above
    CTD have 2 batts

Only thing i will differ with is
    you will need to dioed both wires to stop over charging of one batt and to stop feed back between batts.

19. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

Thanks guys, I think I got it now.

20. Rich53

Rich53 Junior Member

1 ton that can't plow???

I am back from the Fryburg fair in Fryburg Maine. After visiting all the snowplow salespeople there I can't believe that Dodge Makes a 2007 one ton truck with this powerful diesel engine that can't be fitted with a plow. All the guys said it is not recomended by Dodge. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!!! All I want to do is plow my own driveway. Who do I contact at Dodge to blast their engineering dept.?