1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dodge ramcharger

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by fastxcr800, Feb 7, 2010.

1. fastxcr800

fastxcr800 Member

I'm considering buying a ramcharger and i'm having a hard time finding a plow mount for it. I'm not sure what year yet, but i think its late 80's. Anyone know of plow mounts for these trucks??

2. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

What kind of plow??? Try Storks Auto. Lookem up online. They have alot of mounts especially for the Dodges. Mounting Carton for the Ramcharger is the same for Meyer plows from like 76 thru 93.

Great truck to plow with, I miss mine... In my opinion get one with fuel injection. I think 89 and above...

3. fastxcr800

fastxcr800 Member

the storks auto in pa?? I'm told the truck is 360 w/ carb, but should be a quick swap of parts from a new dodge 360 to make it efi. Still haven't gone to take a close look at the truck yet.

4. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure the front body mounts are good and the underside is not melting from rust. These trucks will rot from the inside out..... As for plow mounts the frames of the RC are the same as the W150 trucks, so you will no problems finding them.

If you have the ambition find a nice and clean body frame and drop a Cummins in it!!!! Keep in mind you will need a donor truck W250 for the complete drive line. But the work will be worth it!!

5. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

Storks in PA. Also look on ebay... Will pay alot though since is it winter time. Also may luck out at junkyards. Alot of these trucks came with Meyer plows from the dealer.

They are great to plow with. Plows like a 3/4 ton. Not much sag in the front with a 7.5 footer. Good turning radius and short wheelbase. Great for medium duty plowing, driveways, and going on the beach...

6. fastxcr800

fastxcr800 Member

a cummins would be amazing in one of these, but way too much time and effort for a truck thats really not worth much

7. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

I'd bet a Cummins conversion Ramcharger would pull some big coin!!!! Where any clean w250/350 is worth 6-8k these days. Even more with the right drive line..... I've been looking for one forever and only came across one a few years back. Sold for $4500 at the auction and it needed lots of body work !!!!

The good thing is that every thing is plug and play!!! I still miss my older W trucks.

8. snowfighter75

snowfighter75 Senior Member

I know my uncle had one with a fisher straight blade on it in the late 80s so they should be available. All the best and good luck!