1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge ram blade setup?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by hemiofforad, Feb 5, 2008.

1. hemiofforad

hemiofforad Junior Member

I have a 2007 Dodge ram 1500 quad cab with a 5.7. I am looking at getting a blade for it. Does anyone know who has a good setup up for this truck. Used or new? I just need somthing to do drive ways basically. let me know thanks.
  2. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=57883 ... This would be perfect for you, but i dont know how much shipping would be. Otherwise what kinda dealers do you have close to you?

Fisher, western, Boss, Hiniker they are all pretty good plows, theres lots of info on this site and plenty of guys with Ram 1500s so good luck and welcome!
  3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

A good 7'6" blade would do you good. Maybe smaller. What dealers are in your area?
  4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

smaller r u nuts anything less then 7'6'' wont cover the tire in a turn. no disrespect just making a point
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I have a buddy with that truck only a 2003.
    I don't think the websites reccommend any descent plows for that truck because of the quad cab and the 3900 front axle weight ratio. But if that was my truck i would put just about any 7 1/2 on it, front and rear timbrens, level kit, and lots of ballast weight behind the rear axle. I know that 5.7 hemi is one strong motor...will push real good!! Do lots..not driveways! If driveways are all your gonna do..get a sno-way with DP.