1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge ram 3500 mega cab

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Louiso, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

My dads dodge ram 3500 mega cab. its a 2007 with 40k miles on it. It has a salt dog vbox and a boss plow. It also has moto metal rims.

IMAG0139.jpg

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks really nice. How does he like plowing with the Mega Cab? Does he do mostly commercial lots or??

3. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

yeah he does like walmart and stuff like that. he also does driveways and stuff too. he does a big mall complex alot of strip malls and stuff like that.

He loves that truck. he does do reallt tight drive ways with it sometimes but he is a good drivier with it so he does good. He says its work truck but yet its not with all the room inside the cab. It has a full lay down bed in the back that he uses to hold bag salt.

4. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

I have that exact truck (2006 mega 3500 white) and I'm looking to put a plow on it right now. What size is that? I'm looking at a nearly new 9' Boss, or a used 7.5' Western Pro with wings. I'm worried that the 9' is going to be too much for her. What's your take on it?

5. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

his plow is an 8.5foot and he said it handles it great. he loves his set up. so i guess the 9foot plow would be fine and do great

6. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

Sweet thanks!

7. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

yep anytime. now you know i need to see it when you get it ha

8. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

haha..I'll post a pic. Thanks for the help. It's comforting to know. I'd hate to spend this much money and find out I hate it and wished I had the 7'5".

9. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

ha true true

10. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

This where you bring your Plasma Cutter into play......:cool:

11. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

Are you serious? Cut one down? I have access to a Plasma cutter, a tig welder, and I own a nice little mig welder, but it would seem selling it and buying the right one would be easier. No?

I've fabbed up worse things though I suppose.

12. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Just weld the end plates back on 'em, why not? Some guy had a Jeep and REALLY wanted a Vee plow, but the 8 footers were a bit more than his Scrambler could carry around, so he cut it down to 6' 6" like the ones Boss used to make.

He got the plow for free so he didn't want to spend the coin on another plow.

13. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

Hmmm...I guess. If the price is right. I was just thinking of ruining the factory zinc primer and all that.
    Guess if it's not brand new though...what's it matter really. Well hopefully I won't go through that effort and do it right the first time! LOL

Later.

14. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Your truck will handle the plow fine. At least get an 8' plow and buy wings for it. I'm looking at 9'6" V's or an expandable plow cause I want something bigger. The truck ca push plenty and doesn't care that the plow is up there LOL.

15. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

Well I picked up the 9' Super Duty for $1500. It looks brand new really. I couldn't pass it up. Picked up the mount on Ebay for $300, and the 13pin wiring for $388. Today I'll hunt down the headlight adapter.

Not sure if I want to mount it up, or what. The local dealer wants $600 to mount one. Seemed rich to me. The guy I bought it off of thought so too.

16. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

Am I gonna loose my tow hooks?