1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Ram 2500

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BHLC, Oct 11, 2012.

1. BHLC

BHLC Member

Does anyone plow with a 2011 model year or newer Ram 2500?
    I am looking at the "big 3" GM, Ford and now Dodge. I really like the Ford 250 with the Powerstroke but boy does Dodge have some aggressive discounts on Ram 2500 with the Cummins. I'm putting on a Fisher 8'6" XtremeV SS plow
  2. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

I own 5 dodges that we plow with 1 2012 2500 with a hemi, 1 2011 3500 with a cummins, 1 2010 2500 with a hemi, 1 2008 3500 cummins, and 1 2006 2500 with a cummins. They all have Wideouts on them and all have worked well for us. The newer diesel has problems with the check engine light being on for some bs reason that they can't seem to fix yet but other than that it is a great truck. We too bought dodge because of the price and the fact that we are good friends with the owners of the dealership. We were ford people before too and still have a few fords as well that are also good trucks. I think all of the big 3 make good trucks and you can't go wrong with any of them.
  3. BHLC

BHLC Member

Thanks, I currently have a Tundra but for some of my contracts this year it just ain't gonna cut it! I have to make a choice quick, we have snow in the forecast for tomorrow! The real stuff is just around the next turn!
  4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

The new dodges are great trucks. I have always been a Ford guy but I love my 2012 dodge. Especially the diesels, the cummins is a much better motor than the new powerstroke.