1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PlowsontheRun, Dec 16, 2009.

1. PlowsontheRun

PlowsontheRun Junior Member

Has anyone had to replace U-Joints yet. My mechanic said it is not standard nuts. The backs are fine, the fronts need work. Any help would be fine, I'm bringing rig back in to him 12/11. Thanks, Dave P.O.T.R.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I'm confused with the ? Not standard=metric, not 6 point= 12 point or any combination of the two.
  3. leepotter

leepotter Senior Member

4. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

almost all the bolts and nuts on the truck are metric. if that is what you want to know
  5. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Ya, Snap On makes a special tool to help with the removal. Just did the U-Joints on mine under warranty. Good thing because when doing so they damaged the rotors and pads. Total of about 2500$ in parts and labor to do the u-joints!:) I told them to load the anti-seize for next year...