1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Ram 2500/3500 Ultra Mount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nymustang50, Feb 19, 2016.

1. nymustang50

nymustang50 Senior Member

So I just picked up another plow for a truck. I already have a mount from a previous truck I sold but took the mount off before selling. Now looking up the mount instructions to follow again during my install this time, I noticed now they have a Early and Current version of the mount. 63883-2 Looks like the only changes are the length of where the receivers bolt up on the mount. What would the benefits be. Should I scrap my old early style and pick up the new current style mount? Was there incidents causing the redesign?
  2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Pretty sure it was because the front facia,valance or bumper stuck out a little farther on later models thus giving little more room to pin in the receivers. I don't think it had anything to do with first design not holding up.
  3. sebass

sebass Junior Member

Im not 100% sure but what western said seems legit, I know when I put my buddys curtis that had been on a 2nd gen onto his third gen dodge we ran into some bumper clearance issues. Nothing that was a huge ordeal but I'd imagine the same holds true for western it seems the mounts for the 2 plows were pretty similar as far as mounting.
  4. nymustang50

nymustang50 Senior Member

Ok, Like I said I just wanted to make sure. Wasn't sure if I should get the new style. I never had issues with this mount on my old truck.