1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dodge ram 1500 Hemi

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by superiorsnowrem, Dec 10, 2004.

1. superiorsnowrem

superiorsnowrem Member

I have a dodge ram 1500 with a hemi, 4 doors and 20 inch wheels. I recently put a 7'-6" boss plow on it. Will it work properly without causing damages to the truck.
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

You should be okay stock suspension wise. Do add a aux tranny cooler before you start plowing with it and standard tranny cooler in radiator will not cut it.
  3. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

How about some pictures? I would love to see pictures of a new 1500 on 20's with a plow.
  4. demetrios007

demetrios007 Member

make sure you put some ballast in the back of that thing and be CAREFUL with the curbs, those 20" get destroyed easily, no rubber to save you. Take it easy anyway with a 1500, you should be fine with that setup..
  5. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Good point about the weight and especailly about the rims & tires.
  6. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

hey man nice truck, i love those rams with the hemi and 20's. i bet it really drinks that gas!!!

this is maybe an idea.... have you thought about getting some stock 16's or 17's off ebay and putting some bf goodwrich all-terains on em? I dont know if those are good tires or not, but possibly the 700 you spend on a set of rims and tires will save ya from having to buy a new rim. but again, think about getting a spare set for winter.
  7. festerw

festerw Senior Member

16's will not fit, newer body styles need at least 17's to clear the brake calipers, even then some aftermarket 17's won't fit.