1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Ram 1500 4.7

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rustyb265, Dec 29, 2007.

1. rustyb265

rustyb265 Member
    from Mass

Anyone have any pics of plows on Dodge Ram 1500's? I am looking to purchase one for my truck but am worried about the weight. Any suggetions on plow makes and models? I would also love to see some pics to see how they look. Thanks

2. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

I have a dodge 1500 sport that i use for running around with a 5.9l i wouldnt put a plow on it. what package is the truck? 7'6 meyer probably bc there lighter, i run western plows on my plowing trucks, their heavier though, call ur nearest plow dealer up and find out what there recommend.

3. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Dodge 1500 w/ plow

This is my Dodge 1500 w/ 4.7L and a 700 Lb. Boss Just tighten your torsion bars up about 4-5 turns and that does fine for mine, take a look at mine.
    Pics of my Dodgehttp://old.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=54803

4. KATTRANSPORT

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

Id be afraid to put a plow on a dodge. It might fall off:gunsfiring:

5. rustyb265

rustyb265 Member
    from Mass

Thanks for the pics. Do you, or does anyone, else have pics with the plow up? I would like to see how the front end looks. THanks

6. m00nraker

m00nraker Member

Ive plowed with an 03 1500 w/ 5.9L at my work. The next time I get the chance ill take some pictures for you.

BTW, it has a Meyer 7.6'

7. rustyb265

rustyb265 Member
    from Mass

Anyone got pics of Dodge 1500's with plow? Someone must! :)

8. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

9. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Dodge1500 with plow up

Heres mine with the plow up, I have had this plow on my Dodge for two years and it does fine, but you would be happy with a sno way like ''BRAAAP'' the sno way is only 500Lbs and you could have down pressure, wireless remote, less weight & the only 5 year warranty

100-0034_IMG.jpg

100-0035_IMG.jpg

10. rustyb265

rustyb265 Member
    from Mass

By the way......anyone know what (ballpark) a new sno-way costs? Thanks

11. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

If you search 2003 Dodge Ram you can see my truck with a Meyer plow.

12. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

sno way

some where around $3,400.00 installed, but you will have to call around

13. rustyb265

rustyb265 Member
    from Mass

Thanks Mow&Snow. Could you ppost a pic of the plow raised? I would like to see the front end with the weight. THanks

14. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

I will try to get a picture soon. I cranked up the torsion bars so it doesn't sag that much.

15. rustyb265

rustyb265 Member
    from Mass

Thanks Mow&Snow.

16. PolyPlowBoss

PolyPlowBoss Member

My Dodge dually is bad to the bone. I have 9'2" Boss PolyV mounted to one hell of a bad-ass custom bumper. This truck makes a mean plow truck. I've yet to find something that stops it. Hell, I've even towed mobile-homes with it (friends in need).

Seriously, though, Dodges are known for having a bad front end design. Just talk to your local Les Schwab dealer. Ours said they have at least one Dodge a week (usually more) for a total front end rebuild.
    I Heavily recommend Timbrens overloads. They work great on my truck.

17. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I have a Chev Silverado 1500 with the Blizzard 760LT on it. Been very happy with the plow, no problems at all. 550lbs on the plow I believe.

Here's a pic of it after adding some Timbrens.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=31360

Buck

18. hemi2008

hemi2008 Member
    from Georgia

I have always heard Dodge has the best front end.?????? Oh well:mad: still very tough trucks!!!

19. PolyPlowBoss

PolyPlowBoss Member

They are very tough, I love my truck for that, but the front ends are very bad design. I had it aligned once, and they spent hours trying to get it right (it never was).

20. hemi2008

hemi2008 Member
    from Georgia

OK i got ya. Now i have heard problems with that. My 03 has always pulled to one side. 108,000 miles still doing good!