1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Ram 02 Sensor

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Sierrabarry, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Sierrabarry

Sierrabarry Junior Member

Guys:

My 2000 Ram threw code P0138. I looked this code up and the Bank 1 Sensor 2 needs to be replaced. I could only find an O2 sensor in the front of the cat. converter and 1 behind it. Should I assume the rear O2 sensor is bad? Are there any tricks to getting these out? I have the sensor soaking in penetrating oil as we speak.

Thanks!

Barry

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i use a grinder or a hammer and break the top of the sensor off and just use a breaker bar to break them loose. if not use a torch if you have the clearance.

3. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

Once the exhaust cools down, heat the bung with a propane torch to expand it then it should loosen right out.

4. Sierrabarry

Sierrabarry Junior Member

Done. Sprayed it with PB Blaster for a few days to let it soak in real good and then 30 seconds with the torch and she spun right out. Thanks guys!