1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dodge power wagon

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jamascou, Mar 10, 2013.

1. jamascou

jamascou Junior Member

Hello,
    I just got a 2010 dodge power wagon. I was thinking about adding it to my plow fleet about I do not know what plow will fit it and what size. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you guys.

2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

depends on what kinda plowing you wanna do
    id go with the closest dealer near you easy parts and service
    and then what kinda plowing resi or commercial
    a straight blade 8 or 9 foot would be good for resi
    a wide out or xls will be good for larger lots and a v plow will work for all 3

all dealers have some system to match a plow to your specific truck try
    http://www.fisherplows.com/fe/showroom/ematch.php/vehinfo.asp

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I'm interested to hear what you go with. I've had my eye on Power Wagons for several years but the dealer always says "you can't plow with them so you might as well keep looking...".

4. bln

bln Senior Member

Can't plow with a power wagon? Your dealer is nuts, that truck was built for work with all the power and torque you could ask for.

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Oh I know all that but it apparently has something to do with the factory winch that's on them.

6. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Western will have the easiest frame to adapt. Not to mention it's the least detrimental to the off road abilities.

The electric sway bar disconnects will get in the way. You're in for some fab work. Just saying. And any plow with a frame that hangs down puts all the goodness of that drive-line to waste because it destroys your approach angle.

7. scottydosnntkno

scottydosnntkno Member

the factory winch and swaybar mechanism don't allow any stock plow mount on the market to fit. You better have some good fab skills or know a good fab guy if you want to get one to work on that truck.

8. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Yep.

I've got a friend who's got a Boss on his PowerWagon. He went with the Boss because he got it at dealer cost. Otherwise, he would have gone with an Ultramount for the ground clearance.

9. jamascou

jamascou Junior Member

I have emailed a plow shop by me and this is what they told me...... The truck can take any of the Western Plows ie. Straight blade 7.5- 8.5,$5290.00 for the 8’, 8.5 or 9.5 v-plow $6155.00 for the 9.5,8’-10’ wide-out $ 6780.00. The prices include an additional $300.00 labor charge due to added difficulty of mounting the plow frame along with the factory winch. We have done it before, it is no problem just some extra labor. The prices are installed plus tax. Let me know what you would like to do..... and this is with the winch on it. Thank you for all the help

10. Littlejeep

Littlejeep Junior Member

Install is possible but the factory won't warranty it

11. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

8.5 MVP w/Western Wings. Thumbs Up

This truck has the gearing and diffs for pushing deep stuff, might as well get a plow for the deep stuff. Btw, get the deflector flap on any of the western poly plows.

12. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

jamascou, did you ever get the Western mounted to your Power Wagon? I am interested in seeing how it was done. I have a 2013 PW and an UltraMount II ProPlus that I'd like to mount up and keep the winch.