1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dodge plow questions

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by bryanR, Oct 18, 2009.

1. bryanR

bryanR Member

hey guys im new to plowing and i have a bunch of questions i hope you can answer.

1. could i take a plow off of a chevy 1500 and put it on a dodge 1500. id have the correct push plates for the dodge but im just wandering if everything would line up.

2. how hard is it to install the push plates and wiring harness? is there alot of drilling into the frame?

I'm sure i have a few more questions but these will hopefully help me when i go look at some trucks for this winter.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What you will or won't have to do will depends on what plow and mount style your discussing here and what year of truck you ultimately purchase.
  3. bryanR

bryanR Member

i have been looking at trucks between 96 till about 99 those are the best priced ones i can find for trying to get started. and i can figure out what kind of plow setup he has