1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge mount height

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by wisupra, Jan 7, 2012.

1. wisupra

wisupra Junior Member

Hi guy I' m in the process of installing a mount on 07 dodge 2500. The directions say to put the center of the bar at 8 3/4 from the ground. the problem I have is that will only give me 7in of clearance. Is there away to run the mount higher for more clearance or am I stuck with that height. My dealer told me it was about the same height as a boss when bought it, but it seems a lot lower than every boss mount I've seen on a dodge.
  2. Ram 08

Ram 08 Member

You didn't state which mount/plow you have. I have a MD mount for a VMD75 on my 08 Ram 2500 and there is about 8.75 inches of clearance under the push plates.
  3. doggmountrep

doggmountrep Junior Member

Have you try to move up 1 set of holes up at the sideplate?
    If you're using the 16062250 mount kit - You should have extra's holes you can move up 1 set.
  4. tyke

tyke Junior Member

When i bought my 2007 dodge 1500 with ex80 installed on it,i had the same issue,it was really low,after that first season,i undid the whole assymbly and put it up as high as possible on the truck mounting holes,if i remember right there was one side i needed to adapt a bit to use the upper mounting holes.

That fixed it,as it now sits up where it should,imo,not sure why the shop did not do this in the first place.

5. LeadSSled

LeadSSled Junior Member
    from East TN

While the instructions for the MD style mount for your 07 Dodge 2500 mount specifies that the center of the push bar should be "approximately 9.5" off of the ground, other MD style mounts specify a range fro, 9" to 10.5", so you should be able to have some adjustability to go higher. Here are the instructions for the 07 Ram 1500 MD mount as an example.
    Mount Instructions
  6. wisupra

wisupra Junior Member

I'm running the hd/ex mount the 2250 model. And for plow an XP

With moving it up one set of holes doesn't give me that much more clearance.
  7. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

Did you try moving the mount up? if so hows your clerance now.