1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Mega Cab

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by mmcolorado, Sep 3, 2008.

1. mmcolorado

mmcolorado Junior Member

I'm looking for feedback from anyone plowing with a Dodge Mega Cab. What kind of problems have you had?? I'v got a 2008, 3500 Heavy Duty, Mega Cab.

2. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

No major problems, just broken glass and creased cabs and doors that wont open....nothing major !!!!!!

3. mmcolorado

mmcolorado Junior Member

Do you still own this truck or did you get rid of it? What'd replace it with?

4. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Youve already stated two problems about this truck

1. Unlesyou plan to keep functional rear doors, the mega cab is fine.
    2. its a Dodge:eek: Oh crap, Im not on the Ford disscusion thread!

That truck will give you the weight you want, but Ive read alot about cabdoors having issues (not only on PS).

5. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

I dont own one but know few that due. I have a chevys and dodges, no megas. I wanted to get one but with the problems I settled for a quad cab. No problems with quad cabs or regular cabs. Oh yea those issues will not be covered by any warranty or your insurance, customer pay all the way....

6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

havent seen any problems with it....

a snoway would look good on there.... i see your in colorado! come see me i'll show you some plows wesport

7. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

No problems yet except the 1-2-1-2-1-2 shuttle between gears under real light throttle, there is a bulletin, 30k and that is it. If people would stop hitting stuff so hard, I bet most of that stuff everyone is talking about wouldn't happen much. Love mine, doors open perfect, back glass is just fine, looks new still it has worked most of it's life.

Oh and when the front tires come off the ground when you hook up the 30k trailer, you have too much tongue weight and should pull the tractor back a little until the tires touch again. LOL Oh crap..... I have a two door dump bed now :eek: And you should slow down a little before you ram piles of snow with a 21 ft truck!

8. mmcolorado

mmcolorado Junior Member

Thanks for the input. I figured some people might just be a little hard on their trucks.

The only truck I saw the front wheels come off the ground with a load was my uncles Wrecker when him and my dad decided to move a 30 foot Maple tree from the back yard and plant it in the front yard. true story.

You must have a big tractor to pull the nose on your cummins off the ground

9. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Yep, it's a doozy!

Big%20Roy.jpg

10. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

hope you kidding about the tires comming off the ground at only 30k.....

11. dodge rammin

dodge rammin Member

So - I just bought a Mega cab to plow with only to find out that it is going to end up in a body shop?? Is there something I need to know here? Do these trucks just do this or do you have to try to make them do this?

12. haulin87

haulin87 Junior Member

Don't know what others are doing to there trucks, but i've heard nothing of this and have had zero problems with doors or back glass.
    Hope you got a deal on it givin the economics right now. Wish i was in the market for a new one.

13. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

I just looked on the Dodge website - doesn't look like the megacab is offered with the plow prep groups.

14. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Ok, could someone tell me why the creasing of the doors and glass shattering would happen.

15. big schmitty

big schmitty Member

Had mine for 3 snow seasons and not 1 problem. I would love to see some pics of this damage everybody keeps talking about. I am not at all easy on mine 9'6" plow and spreader.

16. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

What's up man we were just talking on another thread.

17. big schmitty

big schmitty Member

I saw another mega cab thread. Had to chime in!

18. dodge rammin

dodge rammin Member

I have plowed with my mega cab all winter and have had zero problems. I haven't been too rough on it but have hit stuff that has tripped the blade.

19. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

You're plow's kind of small for that truck though, isn't it?

20. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I have a friend with a 8' curtis on a 06 mega and has plowed with it since new with no trouble.