1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dodge leveling kit, tire size

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by neel, Dec 9, 2003.

1. neel

neel Junior Member

With a 2001 dodge ram reg cab 4x4 1500, if I add a 2" front leveling kit what size tires will I be able to fit on my truck. On the truck now I have 17x9.5 wheels, w/ 275/70/R17's . Will this affect my truck in any way if a plow was added?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2003
  2. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Are you adding the leveling kit to offset sag from the plow or just for looks when it's not attached? If it's for the plow I would recommend upgrading the front coils since the leveling kit is a bandaid fix for a problem dealing with spring rate under heavy load. Timbrens added to the front end can help as well for plowing. Either way you need to align the front end after any kind of modding or fussing around with it. I think 32" should clear depending upon their width too. As for the plow, you may need to adjust the drop on it (if it has that feature - manufacturer specific) so the plow frame is close to being parallel to the ground. This keeps the blade from jumping around too.

3. neel

neel Junior Member

leveling kit tire size.

By adding heavier springs for my truck will it still be at the same height or will the heavier duty springs raise the front end.

4. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

I'm no expert at that... wyldman would likely know for sure. However I believe there could be some lift... depending upon the coil numbers. Along with that is a stuffer ride too! Tradeoffs!

5. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

With the leveling kit you can easily fit 33x12.5's on stock rims.

6. neel

neel Junior Member

leveling kit tire size

will they rub at all with the wheel cocked all the way, they probably would I'd assume. So you say I;ll probably be able to get away with 33x12.5x17, to put on my 17" stockers.

7. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

I added a set of the stiffest springs from Dodge (47/48) to my 3/4 ton with the Cummins. I only jumped up from 39/38, and I got an inch of lift. The ride isn't much stiffer, and it doesn't roll nearly as much when you turn. Check out dodgeram.org go to the springs page. a set of stiffer springs will give you 2" of lift, and help in the plow performance, too. If payup is tight, check out ebay, people are usually selling their 3/4 ton springs for cheap.