1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge in the Big Storm

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mr.Foongatz, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Mr.Foongatz

Mr.Foongatz Junior Member

Here's a few pix of the Rams working this past weekend.

498001631_l.jpg

498022464_l.jpg

ra1.jpg

ra2.jpg

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Looks Great,Crap I knew I should have taken some pics of my cummings pushing two feet of snow

3. SPM

SPM Junior Member

what's a cumminGs?

4. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

What A D$#K sorry CUMMINS

5. BRANDON'S93

BRANDON'S93 Member

What kind of tires do you run on your dually? I have the grandfather of your truck. Same thing but 93 and I'm looking at new tires. Please tell me what works for you, what doesn't and milage. Thank you.

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Trucks look good! Have any mods done to either of the cummins engines or are they stock?

7. Mr.Foongatz

Thanks guys...

The tires on the dually are the stock Michelin 235/85 M/S, they have over 40K and still have plenty of meat on them. We've had these tires on a few different trucks and all worked well and got a lot of miles on each set.

The Dually has a set of BDII injectors, edge ez & a Scotty Air Filter setup, It gets about 18-20 on the highway, 10-12 towing, and it goes about 40 hours per tank while plowing.

The 2500 just has the EZ everything else is pretty much stock. It gets slightly better mileage, being lighter than the 3500.

Both trucks have given us great service plowing for our City, and towing in the summer. The only thing that needed attention on both was the Trackbars. We put in a Thuren Trackbar for the Dually and that made it nice and tight.

8. BRANDON'S93

BRANDON'S93 Member

You'd buy them again I take it? How noisy are they? Thanks for all the info. It's about time for a new set of rubber for me and I want to get my money worth. Sick of eatin up unsatisfactory tires.

9. Mr.Foongatz

Ya i would buy them again. There a very a quiet tire, but i can't hear anything over the roar of the straight pipe.

10. BRANDON'S93

BRANDON'S93 Member

Cool thank you for the info. Did you buy a kit or make one? I welded 5 inch semi tracks together for my straight pipe. Comes out on a 45 behind the passenger side duallys. Chicks dig the big rig sound and the all polished stainless.

11. Mr.Foongatz

I got a kit 4" to a 6" tip, I plan on doing stacks sometime this spring. Your right chicks dig the big sound....My wife can't get enough of it.

PIP1.jpg

12. BRANDON'S93

BRANDON'S93 Member

WOW! Your trucks are sharp! Mine looks pretty good but her age is starting to show. I'll have to take some pictures and post them this weekend. I'm leveling the front end Saturday afternoon so I'll have to take some picutres anyway. Stacks would look killer! You don't happen to know where I can find a dash mount triple gauge pod do you? I know they make them for my style but can't seem to find them now that I want one ofcourse.

13. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I love those trucks! Where did you get the lights by the plow rails on the 2500? I've been looking at doing something like that for a while.

14. Mr.Foongatz

Thanks....Ya take a few pics..those older dodges looked real tough with a little lift.

http://www.dieselpage.com/apillar.htm
    for the pillar gauges

http://www.usgear.com/
    these guys have the dash pods but you have to call them,
    they don't list them on their site.

You can get those lights at most Truck Stops, they fit perfectly between the fisher mounts. We used some angled aluminum to space it down a little.
    You can order them from Berubes or Iowa 80.

DODGE-1.jpg

15. BRANDON'S93

BRANDON'S93 Member

Here are the pictures of my truck and exhuast. There not very good quality but i'll have to post better ones later. I haven't put the add-a-leaf on yet.

Pictures 016.JPG

my truck.JPG

16. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Thanks for the information. The trucks look mint!