1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Idle Problem

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by J.Henderson, Sep 8, 2003.

1. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

I have a 1995 DOdge 2500 and recently had the catalytic convertor replaced. Ever since then, my truck will not maintain an idle at lwo speed or while at stoplights. The dealership diagnosed the problem as an Idle air control motor and replaced that. The truck still idles like crap. Is there a way to adjust the idle manually? I really don't feel like paying out another 80 bucks for computer hook-up at the dealer.:confused:

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Sounds like maybe they left an O2 sensor unplugged,or it's not getting a good ground.Lack of a good O2 signal will cause it to stall at idle sometimes
  3. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

If they had to unhook the battery, the truck may have to "relearn its idle". You have to drive at a steady speed over 35 mph for several minutes.

Maybe one of the other mechanically inclined members can chime in too.

Hope you get it figured out,
    Mark K