1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Hideaway Strobes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by bltp203, Nov 3, 2007.

1. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Does anyone have hideaway strobes on a 3rd Generation Dodge. I am looking into putting a set in the reverse lights and front turnsignal housing. Wanted to see if anyone had advice for this project.
  2. m00nraker

m00nraker Member

Pretty straight forward. I just did them on my 2002 1500 in the exact same locations.

For the reverse lights, go in from the bottom. The turn signals/headlights have 2 layers of plastic to cut through. I would first cut a larger hole through the first layer, then the correct size for the HAW
  3. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

is it easy enough to do it diy ? i was thinking about paying to have it done proffesionaly

i am sick of my suction type strobes they fall all over the place every year and i end up nor using them at all
  4. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

5. m00nraker

m00nraker Member

Ive done it on 2 of my vehicles. It isnt really hard, just time consuming to do it right and make it look neat.

I would stick with well known manufacturers(ie. Whelen,Nova,Fed Sig) ...there is a reason all the Fire/Police departments use them!
  6. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I agree! That's why I use the above system!
  7. plowboy21

plowboy21 Member

just did it in my 03 ram 2500 i put mne in the same place its a 2 piece fornt headlight then the revese i put in from the side closest to the talegate i went with the nova 906 the same one as i had in my old gm 2500

with top strobe but was told to change it out for the rotater what do u guys think
  8. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I think rotators pull too much juice.
  9. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

I agree rotators do draw some power but I do enjoy the light output from the rotators.

If you have 4 corner strobes I think a strobe beacon is adequate.

If you want something a bit different on the roof an LED beacon would be a good choice.
  10. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

on my 03 theyre in the rev lights and front corners
  11. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

The only PITA is installing strobe tubes in the two piece head lights.