1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Headlight wiring

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by provfirescott, Mar 25, 2009.

1. provfirescott

provfirescott Senior Member
    from Ma

I need the new wiring that connects to the headlight harness on my 2005 dodge Ram 3500 CTD.
    Where can I buy this new?

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Any Fisher dealer.

More info on exactly what harness and someone here might have what you need.

3. provfirescott

from Ma

I was actually looking for a source online.
    I have the kit but the connection that goes inline between the factory headlight plug is what I need.
    Itrs a sloppy connection and I dont have left side headlight.

4. Crash935

Still need more info.

3 port or 4 port iso mod?

If a 4 port is you configuration plug correct? This is usually the cause for no left headlight on low beam.

Headlight dim? Then harness is configured for a HB1 bulb.

What plug exatly do you think is causing the problem, Black male at headlight on plow harness, blue female on plow harness?

5. provfirescott

from Ma

Its a 4 plug and is colored yellow.(I know yellow,its not suppose to be yellow but its the only one that would work on my truck)
    The problem is the "blue" plug its very sloppy/loose when plugged into the back of the bulb.
    when I unplug harness and plug the factory harness into the light the headlight works.
    This has been a problem from day one(used plow parts)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Crash935

Wheres the blue wire on the blue plug, is it there or missing, dont see it in the pic?

From what i can see, looks as though the plug is configured for a HB1 bulb and your truck runs the HB5 bulb, need to switch the blue and orange wires around in the blue plug and the yellow and blue wires at the iso for the drivers side harness and the light blue and yellow at the iso for the pass side harness. Its hard to tell in the first pic but it also looks like the light blue wire might be in the wrong location of the plug at the iso. Get pics of both blue plugs and both plugs at the iso and ill confirm what needs to be moved. You might have then go to the white iso mod to get it work work right once the wires are verified that they are correct.

This is the problem, not that the plug is lose.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  7. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

The iso mod should be the white label but what ever you would need let me know. Crash will straighten you out the right way!

8. provfirescott

from Ma

Well I had the white and it wouldnt work.the module isnt the problem.Its a loose fitting connector)Blue one)
    If you grab the blue connector while it is attatched to the back of the bulb(9004/7 dont remeber which number) the headlight will turn on and off when you wiggle the connector.
    so therefore I need a new harness with a new blue connector

9. provfirescott

from Ma

10. Crash935

It wouldnt work with the white label becsaue the ground is in the wrong position on the headlight plugs and at the iso mod. So now your sending the ground down the low beam side and sending power for the low down what is supposed to be the ground for the high beam and low beam.

As for the plug, take it apart and give the terminal end a little squeeze. Just have to remove the gray keeper on the back of the plug and using a paper clip from the front of the plug, slid it down the little cut out in the blue plug under the part of the terminal where it loops back into the terminal to realee the catch on the terminal.

11. provfirescott

from Ma

Ok crash I will try that.
    Thanks