1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge front end

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 92f350, Apr 26, 2008.

1. 92f350

92f350 Junior Member

I have a 2007 Dodge 1500 Mega cab with a solid front axle. When it;s in 2 wheel drive should the front axles be spinning? I have a 92 f350 and when i unlock the hubs the side axles don;t spin. I was wondering what engages the hubs on the dodges?

2. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

in the front axle they have an electronic cuppler that engages the axle, it will always spin due to the fact it is electronci where as your ford was manual t-cas manual hubs. with the dodge its all electronic

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Actualy the only electronics involved is the switch for the lights on the dash telling you that the 4x4 is engaged.

The axel disconect is vacume operated.

Now to the OP"s Q.
    Yes, Your axels will spin as you do not have locking hubs.There engaged all the time.
    Pop off your hub cap, that thing in the middle with the nut on it is the end of your axel....

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008