1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge durango Hb5 harness help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Blizzardbusters, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Blizzardbusters

Blizzardbusters Junior Member

So I got the my 6'6 installed on my durango and I've run to a prob headlights won't transfer to plow side ill explain what I have done when I have plow unhooked from truck I have 12.2 v at oem headlight plug before western hb5 plug as soon as I connect to plow vehicle drops all power to plow and goes to zero this intern does not turn on headlight to plow all relays are working correctly and circuit is open from black at plow lights all the way back to to relay so why does my truck drop power to headlights when plow is connected ???? Harness 61590 is 99 dodge durango no drl high and low are same bulb

Ps as soon as 9pin is disconnected vehicle voltage comes back to 12.2 and this is why truck lights work when not connected to plow
  2. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

You are using harness for HB5, But we have only seen the 1999 with HB1 bulbs.

Double check the # on the bulbs.:)
  3. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Think you have HB1 lights. Only difference with HB5 is power and ground are switched. Try flipping power and common at headlight plug and I bet headlights on plow will work