1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Durango for Plowing

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Creagers Lawns, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Creagers Lawns

Creagers Lawns Junior Member
    from 84020

I have a 2005 Dodge Durango that I pull my lawn trailer with and I really like the short wheel base it's easy to manuever and I was looking at maybe putting a sno-way 26 series plow on it and push snow I was looking for any thoughts on this or if anyone else has a Durango they are pushing snow with and their opinions.

2. Four Seasons

Four Seasons Senior Member

I bet it would do really well for a long time pushing a light duty plow, residentials. especialy the hemi

3. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

We had a Durango with 7 1/2' SnoWay and used it for 5 years. It was great for driveways, maneuverable, good traction, comfortable to drive. Even in deeper snow it did OK.

4. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

The Durango truck is not as bad as you might think. They are typicially hard on fuel but dependable. 02-03 years were the best from what I remember. Add a few bags of salt behind the rear seats for balast and you will be happy. Keep up on the trans / service and enjoy.

They are actually quite cheap to purchase too!! It would be an idea to get an extra one for parts expecially if you can get it for a deal.....

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

My 03 Dakota was awesome and reliable for the 3 years I used it.The 05 Durango is the newer style but still a lot alike (plus they used the same drivetrain).

6. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

My Dakota does great, and the Durango technically does better than a truck because the rear weight actually helps balance the front load of the plow.

The Snoway is a great plow with the DP as well!

7. jmullins6987

jmullins6987 Junior Member

the sno-way 26 series with down pressure is on sale on ebay for $3999 that's a great price!

8. lilpusher

lilpusher Senior Member
    from Indiana

I've got a 97 Dakota with the snoway 26 and with a little ballast it is awesome great maneuverability and power.