1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Dump

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by bobcatboy06, Mar 1, 2012.

1. bobcatboy06

bobcatboy06 Member
    from PA

I'm in the process of looking for a nice Dodge dump. I would like somthing only a few years old with a cummins and hopefully an auto trans. I'm having a really hard time finding anything out there. I would also like something 4x4. So if anyone knows of any trucks let me know.

2. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck finding a good deal. Finding one is hard enough, one which meets all your criteria will be even harder. Gassers are more plantiful but still pull good money. Perhaps you could buy a 3500 and pull the box adding a used dump.

3. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

4. bobcatboy06

bobcatboy06 Member
    from PA

I know that the trucks are hard to find but has to be a few out and about.

5. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

Whats your price range?

6. bobcatboy06

bobcatboy06 Member
    from PA

In around the 30ish number depeding on the truck. I have a few dumps now and I know what i'm looking for, I think with the higher gas prices it should be driving the price of trucks down in the very near future like it did a few years back. Its going to be a good time to buy trucks, right now used stuff is bringing to much money

7. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

Going to be a lot of repos out there soon as well with the crappy winter

8. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

If youve been surfing craigslist make sure you check out the jersey area and hudson valley. your going to have to be willing to travel to find a truck like that. id assume your looking for a 3rd gen? i was lucky when i found mine in oct 2010, got it with 11,700 miles for 23,500. guy wanted around 27k for it. i figure i got the plow for free! i had to put some work into it but thats to be expected.
    a landscape company around here has been going down to the maryland area to pick up new trucks for really good prices. might want to check that out.