1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge dump trucks/ heavy duty trucks

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DBL, Jan 14, 2006.

1. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

Where are all the new dodge dump trucks and heavy duty trucks like 4500 - 6500????? i havent seen one

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Dodge has not made anything over a 3500 in decades...

When the US government bailed them out in the early 80's Chrysler corp had to close and sell off several divisions, their heavy truck division was one of them (as was the Marine division and the military armour division).

They currently make a 4500 for non US markets, which the 3500 HD covers in payload capacity in the Us. I doubt you'll see anything bigger, since DC owns Freightliner and Mercedes Benz they already have controlling intrest in those markets.

3. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

4. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

4500 and 5500 are in the works. The frames will be built on freightliner/sterling lines but cab will be dodge. Expect to see them late this year or early 2007 with cummins 6.7l (maybe benz power too)
    I cant wait to see.

5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Awesome! Glad to hear that.

6. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

They look good but kind of expensive $309,000 :dizzy: :rolleyes:

7. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

That's in Pesos which works out to be just about what you would pay for a 3500 C&C here in the States.

8. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

I am really happy to hear that KLC thanks.. do you have any links to back it up?

9. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Yeah I kind of new that

10. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

plowking---I got info from some updated posts on the turbodiesel register. I am pretty sure there is a press release from dodge about light--medium duty trucks, just not sure where to find it. Check the cummins site for the "new" 6.7l diesel---it is basically the 5.9 with a longer stroke and updated emissions for 2007 requirements. I assume we'll see it in the 2500/3500 chassis' as well.

11. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

Yea dodge hasn't made a medium duty truck since like the 70's in fact i've never even seen on (On the ROAD)

12. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i just really think they need to keep up with ford and gm and get some 3500 -atleast 5500 hopefully higher just to keep up

13. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Look for the press release on March 1

14. Mr.Foongatz

Mr.Foongatz Junior Member

15. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

Looks like they weren't lying.

16. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Theres another thread going right now....they are getting released this year. Someone else said there is a Dodge 4500 up in Delaware.

17. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

This thread is a year and a half old. Nice to see the rumurs came true.

18. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

There is another thread but it's not a year old. Chaeck a fewe down from yours. I'd put the thing in but not sure how. Guys have been putting in a good bit of info.