1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Dkota Plow Question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Crkenner7, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Crkenner7

Crkenner7 Junior Member

I was wondering if a 6.6' fisher conventional plow would fit my 1998 Dodge Dakota?
  2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Could it fit yes, but not without modifications more than likely substantial mods to the truck mount. Also 6'6" isn't quite wide enough for the Dakota I had a Meyer 6'6" on my 99 and ended up adding Pro Wings for the extra width.

IMO a 7'6" is the best size, but you'll be pretty much limited to a Snoway or one of the new light duty Blizzards as you'll want to stay under 500lbs on the plow.
  3. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

That thread was in regards to a Quad, but the specs generally go for all Daks.

I'd stay with a 7'6" width and go with a blade that is commercially acceptable. Snoway is the only one that comes to mind with a 26" Blade Height. The Blizzard 7'2" is 23.5" tall. So I'd pick the Snoway, but it is pricier. I'd still look for a used Snoway over a new Blizzard, especially when you compare doing the DownPressure mod on the Blizard will set you over the cost of the new Snoway.
  4. jeremy85

jeremy85 Member
    from nh

i have a meyers 7 footer on my 97 dakota
    love it
    no problems with the width even at full angle
  5. CarCrazed4Life

a 7' Meyers ways as much as the 7'6" Snoway without the Down Pressure. If your taxing the front end that much, why not go with a wider and better plow?
  6. jeremy85

jeremy85 Member
    from nh

Cause I paid $400 for the meyers.

and it is spelled "weighs" :jester:
  7. CarCrazed4Life

Your right when it costs $400 payup

And it is spelled weighs, i just lazey-thought-typed if that makes any sense :nod: