1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge / Cummins with Western & Spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Metro Lawn, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

YOU ARE LOOKING AT A 1993 DODGE POWER RAM W250 EXTENDED CAB 4X4. IT IS POWERED BY THE FAMOUS CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL ENGINE. FEATURES INCLUDE: AUTO TRANS, PW, PL, PS, STEREO, CB RADIO, REAR SEATS, AND TRAILER BRAKE CONTROL. THIS TRUCK HAS ONLY 85,099 ORIGINAL MILES. IT HAS NEWER WHITE LETTER SPORT KING STEEL RADIALS WITH ALUMINUM WHEELS. I THINK THE AXLES ARE DANA WITH 4:10 RATIO. I JUST REPLACED THE ENTIRE EXHAUST INCLUDING NEW 5" FACTORY TIP. IT ALSO HAS A NEW BATTERY INSTALLED ON 4/06/09. THE TRUCK HAS A 9' WESTERN UNIMOUNT COMMERCIAL SNOWPLOW. IT ALSO HAS A STAINLESS STEEL BUYERS SPREADER. THE SPREADER WORKS EXCELLENT AND HAD A NEW DRAG CHAIN, BEARINGS, AND CHAIN INSTALLED LAST SEASON. IT WAS USED TO APPLY CALCIUM SAND AND A FEW LOADS OF SALT. THE SUSPENSION HAS BEEN MADE TO EQUAL A 1 1/2 TON TRUCK. IT CAN HAUL UP TO 3 YARDS OF MATERIAL WITHOUT SQUATTING. THE TRUCK WAS ORIGINALLY WHITE AND WAS PAINTED RED IN 4/08 TO MATCH OUR FLEET COLOR. I INCLUDED A PIC OF IT BEFORE PAINTING. THE LETTERING ON THE TRUCK IS ALL DECAL AND COMES OFF WITH A HAIR DRYER. WE HAD THE TRUCK INSPECTED IN 4/09 AND IT PASSED. IT DOES HAVE SOME RUST, THE ROCKER AND FLOOR ARE THE WORST BUT THAT CAN BE FIXED IF YOU WISH, IT DOES NOT EFFECT THE USE OF THE TRUCK. THE BED WAS RHINO LINED BEFORE THE SPREADER WAS INSTALLED SO IT IS SOLID. I STARTED IT TODAY AND CHECKED THE FOLLOWING: PLOW OPERATION, TRANSMISSION OPERATION, CHARGING SYSTEM, BRAKE SYSTEM, LIGHTS, HEAT, RADIO, WIPERS, ECT. ALL WORKED. IT DOES HAVE A SMALL FUEL LEAK FROM THE LINE BUT DID NOT EFFECT THE RUNNING OF THE TRUCK. THIS TRUCK ALSO HAS A SET UP FOR A 5TH WHEEL THAT CAN BE PURCHASED FOR AN ADDITIONAL $100. I DO NOT HAVE THE ORIGINAL TAILGATE OR BACK BUMPER, BUT I DO HAVE A TAILGATE I WILL GIVE THE BUYER IF THEY WANT IT. THIS IS A VERY STRONG WORK TRUCK, BUT PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A 16 YEAR OLD WORK TRUCK. IT IS NOT PERFECT, BUT IT HAS LOW MILES, A STRONG DRIVELINE, AND THE ABILITY TO MAKE ALOT OF MONEY. TRUCK CAN BE PARTED OUT FOR MORE THAN $7000. WE ALSO HAVE A 93 DUMP WITH A CUMMINS IN IT FOR SALE. CALL JOHN FOR MORE INFORMATION 586-563-3990

Truck is on eBay with no reserve and on Craigslist for $6500

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...428282466&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MESELX:IT

232.jpg

231.jpg

233.jpg

234.jpg

236.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  2. Metro Lawn

Here are some other pics.

238.jpg

239.jpg

240.jpg

235.jpg

237.jpg

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's a beast for sure. Not looking for a truck right now, but that would be nice. I little too far away, too.

4. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

How far under the truck does the rust go? IE: How much of the floorboard is left/gone?

5. Metro Lawn

It has floor just past the carpet line but it is getting thin. It could use a few sq ft of sheet metal to add some strength. Otherwise it looks ok. I am 260 lbs and it still holds me...lol

6. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

Any underhood pictures? I shoulda asked the first time, is that the only rust on the body?

7. Metro Lawn

I will take some for you. There is a little here and there but the pics were taken yesterday, so what you see is what you get.

8. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

why you selling ?? it looked good to me back in jan at ford field ?

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

how much for the dump truck???

10. Metro Lawn

With all the dealers closing, I made a great deal on a couple of new trucks. I will end up with one of the new ones, so I am selling the truck I use now.

11. Metro Lawn

$5000 or best offer

12. Metro Lawn

Here are some engine pics. Sorry it is dirty, but i don't detail my work trucks...lol

126.jpg

125.jpg

13. Metro Lawn

the dump truck is sold