1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Considering Air Bag Suspension in HD's

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by plowguy43, Jun 28, 2011.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

2. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

I like that!

3. Holland

Holland Senior Member

I've been around a 550 that had a conversion from leaf to air. Worked great!

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah I think it'd be the best for comfort and still having a great payload.

5. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

I got air helpers on both Dodges and love them. Factory install and no leafs is just sweet!

6. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Great idea for sure. Be interesting to see what it adds to the price tag though. I was never a fan of coil springs in the rear but air seems like it would be nice especially for those who use a 3/4 ton for things other than just work. I love how my Dodge rides with 10k lbs behind it but the trip to the dump can be rough!

7. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

This is BIG! Dodge needs to get this to market NOW! Air bags at all 4 corners ... for towing, plowing, hwy cruising, smoother ride, no more wheel hop, better fuel econnomy, etc, etc. A fully adjustable air suspension is a win win for everyone in every circumstance.
    It's a no-brainer and hard to believe one of the manufacturers haven't done this long ago. Even as an option.