1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge (Chrysler) Going Out of Business?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by carboy, Nov 1, 2008.

1. carboy

carboy Junior Member

Our local newspaper carried a story that sounds like Chrysler, as we've known it, may shut down very soon. There was no mention about warranty coverage after a bankruptcy. If our business buys a new Dodge Ram to plow with are we at high risk for warranty repairs that won't be covered? Won't the knowledge that Dodge could soon become an orphan diminish the value of new and used Dodge trucks? I've even heard GM and Ford are having financial trouble. Given this information, should we be considering buying ANY new domestic brand for snow plowing?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Hard to say but Ford and GM probability out business too if no one think support American's worker buy cars or trucks instead Honda.:angry:

I have threaten several peoples who dislike American cars then I told them ok if we lost job then you would lost job because no one can afford you have sign to them. They say ok well they bought it so I am happy.

One big problem is stupid people mouth bad on Ford Gm Dodge then that how they went to Toyota or hydraui or Honda.

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You heard about the bail out? right?
    All of the big there got some $$ and they may get some more $$$$.

Chrysler has been for sale for over a year that's not new news..

When a holding company owns a company like Chrysler.
    it trims the fat, improves the product line and then it sells it off.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Nissan buys them up.

You better not get a dodge where will you get parts... give me a break.
    The warranty will just disappear.... again....:dizzy:

I just bought a new Dodge, no worries...

ps yet your buying a chev so you want to bash domestic vehicles or just dodge vehicles.. frankly I think a chev is the worst truck you could buy...
    You have seen all the cracked chev frames from plowing?

4. Milwaukee

domestic brand are worse than Chevy.

I would choose Ford or chevy or Dodge over foreign or import brand.

5. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Mill FYI ford , chev, dodge are domestic brands.....??????

6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

LOL:dizzy:

7. Milwaukee

Is domestic brand are american trucks then what word for china car?

8. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

JUNK

or you might try calling them a "foreign made" car or truck.

9. exmark1

Or an import...but JUNK works too

10. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i have seen no mention of Chrysler going bankrupt

11. exmark1

There has been talk of a merger with GM but I have heard nothing about any bankruptcy or anything like that...I can't see one of the big 3 car companys going under

12. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

didnt hear anything about Chrysler here either.....what I hear is a MERGER between Chrysler n GM

13. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

x2:cry:

14. Ropinghorns

Ropinghorns Senior Member

One of the biggest mistakes GM made was not putting a Cat motor in their pickups. They had the chance in 1997 - 1999, and decided to go with Izusu. [ Gm owns both ]. Tell me that wouldn't have been a great choice. :nod:

15. cretebaby

GM owns CAT WOW i didnt know that

CAT is quitting making truck engines so that wouldnt have worked out to good either

16. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

Crete...in today's paper they were talking about Chrysler going broke and trying to sell!

17. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i also haven't heard Chrysler going bankrupt but it's easy to see how it could happen. the chrysler plant here in st. louis just rolled off the last minivan a couple days ago and is now closed. the truck plant is down to 1 shift, the robots are said to be shipped to canada where the minivan is being made...obviously the chrysler workers interviewed were irate that the work was being done outside the US

18. tuna

tuna Senior Member

GM does NOT own CAT.Caterpillar is its own co. with a listing on the NYSE.

19. cretebaby

I realize that i was being sarcastic

20. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Yah CAT isn't owned by GM, sorry bud. GM just bought rights to using their motors. Also like said above CAT stopped producing those engines. But I have heard that CAT will be entering the heavy truck market with their own branded trucks.

No one is buying trucks, like I've said in other posts my local dealer only has three 2500's and one dump truck. The other one has about six 2500s and three dumps but all three of the dumps he bought dirt cheap from a small dealer who went out of business.....so anything is possible I guess.