1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dodge and snoway

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by progmc, Feb 16, 2005.

1. progmc

progmc Member

Just wondering if any one has a dodge 2500 with a 360 in it? Im looking at a 1998 dodge 2500 360 auto to put my 8' steel snoway on. How are these trucks, do they hold up good to plowing with? About what do they get for gas milage? I have a dakota but never had a full size dodge. It is a one owner truck with only 46000 miles on it, very nice shape for $11750. Is that a good price? Thanks for any help.

2. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

I just bought a 97 dodge ram 2500 360. It is a decent truck on the highway i will pull about 13 mpg. Also there are two problems you will probably run into with this truck they are the track bar wearing out prematurly. And also the auto transmition it is a known weak spot in that truck. As for price might be a little high. I just paid 7250 for mine brand new tires transmition in great shape and body in decent shape but needed a track bar, with 118000 miles on it.
    Just so you can compare
    Evan

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Even though the miles are low, the price seems high. That truck will do fine with a snoway.

4. STRONGARM

STRONGARM Senior Member

I have a 2002 2500 360 with a steel western 8', it plows fantastic,i always put a few salt bags in the back for a little extra traction. As far as gas mile, i get 400kms to a tank.Hope tis helps!