1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge and Kubota

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jbutch83, Jan 16, 2011.

1. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Here are some pictures of my 2007 Dodge and 2004 Kubota L48.

DSC_1430 (800x536).jpg

DSC_1434 (800x536).jpg

DSC_1439 (800x536).jpg

DSC_1444 (800x536).jpg

DSC_1466 (800x536).jpg
  2. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

And a couple more.

DSC_1475 (2) (800x536).jpg

DSC_1488 (800x536).jpg

DSC_1487 (800x536).jpg

DSC_1480 (800x536).jpg
  3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Looking great John! Thumbs Up

Are those Sound-Off LED lights on the L48?
  4. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Yeah, they are the 1400 lumen lights. They are awesome, really nice and bright at night!
  5. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

how do you like your kubota? i use to do lawn care and thats what i ran. loved them quiet fuel efficent and never had problems with them at all.
  6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Great shots! Looks like an efficient pair....Is that an 8fter on the Kubota?
  7. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

The kubota is great. Light enough that I am not tearing the crap out of yards using it, but still big enough to tackle some pretty big jobs. It's probably running close to 9k in weight.

It's an 8 foot skidsteer pusher. The bota has it's limitations, but it works great. It was the first time out with it using the pushbox, so I am still learning on it. Would like to switch the rubber cutting edge out, just don't know if that will happen this year.
  8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I am putting 1.5in urethane on my 10fter when the rubber is shot. I've got some urethane for my 8fter also....but currently running 1.5in UHMW on the 8ft with really good results.
  9. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Great setup!! that L48 is getting the job done!wesportwesport I really need one now!
  10. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Looking at the UHMV, just not sure I want to spend the money, I thought is was close to $600 for the 8 footer. It tends to bog down a little in high gear, wondering if the UHMV edge would help that or not. I REALLY like the push box for pushing back the piles, as long as they were fresh and not frozen blocks of ice, it worked great for that. Would like to pick up a snow bucket, as the 1/2 yard bucket on the kubota is a little less than desirable for moving or relocating snow.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looks great. that kubota seems like it can push some serious snow.
  12. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

who made your cab? i'm really wishing i had a cab on mine and a bigger bucket for moving piles too. which where i'm off to in a few minutes.
  13. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I get 1.5in UHMW cheaper than 1.5in urethane...In fact, I think its about the same price as good quality 1.5 rubber?..?.?(dont quote me on that though). Either way, I will never buy rubber again. The decrease in drag from rubber to urethane is amazing("slightly" better scrape also w/ urethane).....But UHMW will blow your mind, I think it actually makes you go faster:laughing:.....and scrapes "almost" like steel. Like I said, urethane has its advantages over UHMW...and that(urethane) is whats going on my 10fter.

We rarely use our 88inch snow bucket, but when we do its a huge time saver.
  14. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Sims cab out of Canada. It's decent, not cheap, and their instructions absolutely suck! Had some minor issues with installation and some fitment issues. I know what you mean on the not having a cab, I used it last winter for moving and stacking and didn't have the cab on. When these pictures were taken, I had been out in the tractor for close to 5 hours that day, and was nice and comfortable. Still need to put the windshield wipers on the front and rear, but have gotten by without them so far.
  15. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Hey jbutch8 Nice equitment! I totally here ya about the sims cabs almost bought one for my L39 but heard a few bad storys about them.... then I looked at larien out of Quebec way nicer infact top of the line however $10000 with heat only:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: that sims cab sure looks great now!!!!!:nod: Kubota has been good to me over the years too, actually going to look at there new track loader this week.
  16. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

They look very clean and well maintained equipment . I love the Kubota, my old b7200 does very good around here. I till gardens with it and have a lot fun with it.
  17. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Yeah, I looked at Laurin cabs also, but got my Sims for half the price, $5k for it. It's not a bad cab, just there installation instructions are seriously lacking most everything, and I had a couple of issues with some things lining up, which I wouldn't expect for 5k. I ran it for a couple of nights in 10 degree weather moving snow before I had the heater installed, and I didn't get cold. Now I have to turn the heater down or off half the time otherwise I get too hot. It's certainly not like the new Kubota's with a factory cab, but they do things different with those anyways. I thought about getting rid of the 48 before I found the cab and get a new tractor, but it's paid for, and I didn't want to give up the backhoe, which is a hefty option from Kubota unless you get a TLB, and they don't come with cabs anyway.

I tried for several months to find a Curtis cab for the 48, but they quit making them a couple of years ago, and couldn't find anyone with a used on that was willing to part with it.
  18. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

Nice stuff man!
  19. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I want to see more pics of that Dodge. I love those year's Sport.
  20. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Minimum characters in a post....