1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge 5500 and Fisher 8.5 SS xtreme V

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ponyboy123, Dec 6, 2011.

1. ponyboy123

ponyboy123 Junior Member

Hey folks, just finished assembling my new plow and I am moving on to the wiring. The truck is a 2009 5500 4X4 C/C. I am looking for a spot to locate the control module. It says to instal on fire wall or inner fender but there just aint any of that realestate available. Also, what pin type lighting harnest do I use? Maybe I should have gotten this thing installed at the shop where I bought it???? Anywhere I can get info on this woulod be great! Thanx

:mechanic:

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

The last few rams I've owned (2004 and 2 1999's) all had the iso module mounted on top of the fuse box on the driver fender.

3. ponyboy123

ponyboy123 Junior Member

Thanx man, I couldn't really see any other place but wasn't sure if it was such a good idea. On my way to get back at it

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah its not going anywhere, and its really not a "hot" spot either. My last 1999 had a very strong velcro, almost plastic velcro, holding it in place. Worked out very well.

5. ponyboy123

ponyboy123 Junior Member

plow is on and working great, and to top it off it is snowing out