1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge 3500 w/ Snow Dogg VX 95 engine temp

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by neild, Jan 17, 2011.

1. neild

neild Junior Member

I have the 'edge juice' chip (with 5 settings)...and have my warnings set to go off at 211 degrees...after plowing for a couple of hours this threshold gets maxed out often...and the alarm sounds...it doesn't get much hotter than that..but i am not running it super hard...what are my options?

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

First question would be what setting is the Edge on? I'd put it on stock and see if the problem goes away. Does it get hot while plowing or when driving down the road? I'd be more worried what the tranny temp is, 211* is warm but not too hot, check the fan clutch
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  3. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Im guessing cummins Juice W/ Attitude???

Go into your juice settings and raise the alarm setting (higher temp) Keep your plow down low when traveling to get air into the motor. Check your FILTER-MINDER to see if you need a new air filter (small red/yellow button in the air intake tube)
  4. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Yeah they warm o\up a bit if you drive around with plow on. The problem with the Dodge Cummins has always been air flow. When they first came out you couldnt get the fog lights becuase they wanted the air flow. You can buy one of those air flow things for the top of you plow. That may help or a 2nd fan. Or your final option would be Change out radiator fluid and run a better fluid. I have heard that GM dex cool stuff is real good. Or some of the racing coolants. Or try adding Water wetter i think its called.
    I personall would try water wetter for diesels first